Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: My Grandparents

Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Grandparents

My Grandparents met and 1 week later they got married. They've been married for 49 years. I went up and spent some time with them today and they are some real kick in the ass people. It was my Grandma's birthday and I was sitting in her rocking chair rocking Ella and there was this little card (the size and texture of a playing card) and it had a poem on it. I don't know the entire poem, but here are a few lines in it that really stick out:

You are my lover, you are my friend, I can talk to you for hours, you make me laugh every day. Carry this card with you always and you carry my heart.

UM, Can we say Holy Romantic??? My Grandpa put that in my Grandma's b/day card. They inspire me. 49 years of pure love. They tell me it's hard, but you just gotta stick with it!

If I was to give anybody marriage advice I think it would: You're going to fall in and out of love. But when you are at a point that you don't feel like you're in love anymore, hang in there, because when you fall in love all over again it's going to be the best feeling ever! My Grandparents stuck through it all and I hope that I have a marriage like they do in 45 more years.

Please comment and tell me your best marriage advice if you have some. I love to hear what works for other couples.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

My Mom and Grandma both said

"Men need Sex and Praise. You give them enough Sex, and enough praise and they will be happy."

I also heard that there will be good YEARS and there will be bad YEARS. Not just months, years...stick through them for the good years.

December 17, 2007 at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home