Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: He didn't get the memo: Bad Attitude Sucks

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He didn't get the memo: Bad Attitude Sucks

When you think that you have your children figured out they throw you for a loop. For the most part my son, Jayden, is very well behaved. The manners this kid owns put people from the olden days to shame. He has this soul about him that makes people wonder about him. I am not a believer of pasts lives, I feel like we get one chance on this earth, but it's almost like he's been here before. The way he talks is so meticular (I don't even know if this is the right word to use here, but it's what comes to mind) and it will stop you in your tracks.

My son holds a very large part of my heart in his tiny, little hands. I feel protective over him, because he has a sweet soul. He's not a very grimy, bug searching little boy. He washes his hands throughout the day on his own, does not like to be dirty and will notice if my car is a bit out of sort.... and makes sure I know it. There's so much of him that makes him HIM and I love it!

So when you have a little boy that for the most part listens and behaves and he switches it up on you for a day, how in the world are you supposed to handle that? Today is just a complete off day in our home. Jayden is doing every, single thing I tell him NOT to do. He kept knocking on my door (while it was open) and I asked him to stop. Did he? NOPE! So I threatend to take today's swimming trip away if he knocked 1 more time - he did it! The kid completely tested me.... so no swimming trip. Well, since there's no swimming trip, now he decides to go and knock on EVERYTHING in my room - including me, my pillows, everthing he could knock his little hand on.

It made me feel like I wanted to put a pillow over my face and scream as lousd as I could. WHY is he acting like this? Nothing different is going on in our home, I just don't get it. After things cooled off I went up to his room to talk to him and he said he couldn't stop himself. He had to knock. Does he have OCD or something?

I know that everyday is not suppposed to be perfect. I know that my son will soon be changing and developing attitudes, become more secretive about things and it all scares me. The attitude I've watched slowly trying to sneak into his soul is scaring me to death about what's to come. Being a parent is such a gift, but boy does it have it's trials!

**The picture here I took last night of him holding his new baby cousin, Paxton.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home