Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Being a Mom

Friday, December 28, 2007

Being a Mom

Being a mom is such a blessing. I love looking over at my sleeping babies and thinking to myself - WOW I did that. I made them. They're mine. But at the same time it's the scariest thing ever. They're mine. They're mine to mold. They're mine to make sure that they are fed, dressed, bathed, taught, loved, taken care of. They rely on me. Without me they could fail. And that's scary. They watch your ever move and they want to be just like Mommy & Daddy when they're little. Sometimes we forget this. Therefore, we have to be careful what comes out of our mouths. We have to be careful what directions we're leading them in life. We have to be careful. I want nothing more than my children to love God, love themselves, love me, love their kids, loves their spouse and live a good life. It is my responsibility to see that they get on this path. An amazing thing to think about is that God trusted me to take care of his children. He chose me to raise them how he would want them raised. He chose me. I don't know why I never actually stopped to think so deeply about this before. It's scary, but it's almost like an exciting rush. Life doesn't make much sense until you're staring at your sleeping baby. My life makes complete and perfect sense. I am here for them. I am here to make them good people. I hope that I never fail them. I like to think that I will be here forever for them, and even though I know that I won't be able to catch them every time they fall, but I sure can try. I am so thankful for my family. I am so thankful that I have been given the opportunity to be a wife and a mother. I am so thankful that I am part of a wonderful church. I am thankful for every smile I get to see on my family's face. They melt my heart. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home