Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Cha Ching Isn't So Bad

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cha Ching Isn't So Bad

I started this blog last year to start making a record of our family history. I wanted one solid, concrete place to keep everything that is important to me. After I started my blog it became a place that my friends and family from California could go to see pictures and videos of the kids. From there my blog turned into a place where I began to meet other bloggers and I found this community that is different from any that I've ever experienced. The advice that I've received from these bloggin' mamas has been a major asset to my life.

Like I announced before I've started to use my blog to also start making money. I'm going to be paid to advertise on my blog and some might think that what I'm doing is wrong. I'm exposing my children more and I'm taking what was supposed to be a blog for my family and turning it into a cha ching site. That's okay with me. I thought long and hard before I made this decision and I found more pros than cons. This is a way that I will be making extra money for my family. I most definitely will still be blogging about my family, my faith & everything else I was blogging about before I started advertising on my blog. There's nothing wrong with doing things that will help out your family financially.

I have found a community for advertisers and bloggers that I am excited to have come across. It's called SocialSpark. They have opportunities that they post that you can write about certain products and get paid for them. The owners of Payperpost (IZEA) have made this community and it is the best place to be able to make a direct connection with advertisers out there. I joined this community yesterday and have had a great time going around and viewing other people's profiles and seeing how they go about advertising on their blogs.

The only flaw that I have found is that it takes a while for your blog to get verified. I'm hoping that my blog verification is approved soon so I can start taking advantage of the opportunities that I've seen on there.

To see what the profiles look like CLICK HERE. That's my profile and if you browse around you might actually like it and want to take advantage of this cool community that I've found. Think about the things you could do with the extra money you make. My plan is for the money to go straight into savings and put some towards family vacations and some towards the kids college funds. Maybe you have something you would like to advertise. Then go there and you can get people all over the blog world to advertise what it is that you want everyone to know about... even if it's your website.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shimmy Mom said...

I've been thinking about putting advertising on my blog for a couple of weeks now. I'm glad to hear that you feel the same way about it that I have been. Good luck making some MULA!

May 19, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home