Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Jayden and Pets

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jayden and Pets

On Friday we bought a little aquarium kit for Jayden. He wants a pet. I'm just not a pet kind of person. We've had some pretty interesting episodes with pets, and it just doesn't work in this house. Here's a little background on our pets.....

Molly was our kitty. She was a tuxedo cat and we found her at the bottom of our stairs at our apartment building. I fell in love with her, so we ended up keeping her. Little did I know that I was inviting the spawn of Satan into our home. This little ball of fur kitty made her way into our home and then into our hearts. Then she turned. I was scared to death of her, and I would have to shut my door at night to keep her out of my room. It brought her great pleasure in attacking my face while I slept. Jayden still has scratch marks on his arm from her.

There is one image that will forever be embedded in my mind. Jayden was only 2, actually probably even younger. He got ahold of Molly's tail and took off running. He was doing laps around the couch and Molly was flying behind him. I started to chase him to save the poor little demon, but I couldn't stop laughing and Jayden probably got a good 10 laps around the couch in. We ended up giving Molly to an old friend of mine, and Molly ended up in the pound.

My friend had told me that Molly was pregnant when the pound picked her up, and a couple weeks after that we went to the pound to see if we could find a puppy. We walked past the cats and there was Molly and her litter. There was no mistaking that it was her, she still had the same evil eyes staring into my soul.

Then we got Baxter. Baxter was a beagle and was such a sweet, friendly dog. I really did love that boy! One day I was in the shower and when I came out into the living room Jayden was watching cartoons and Baxter was nowhere to be found. I finally asked Jayden and he told me, "Baxter wanted to buy a pie, so I let him out to go to the store." We never saw Baxter again.

Jayden doesn't have a very good track record with pets, so hopefully we can't do any wrong in going with fish. There's not much he can do to them, right?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Fish can be fun. Danios are a very hearty fish and we have had the best luck with them. Make sure that you but the tank first and let it run for a few weeks so that good bacteria can build up in it and your fish will not get sick.

May 18, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home