Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Sincerely Fro' Me to You - Sand Dollar Baller

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sincerely Fro' Me to You - Sand Dollar Baller

I am SUPER excited about this carnival that Kristen from "We are THAT Family" you know what, Kristen - we so are too! LOL Anways... it's called Sincerely, Fro' Me to You. It's a carnival on taking a trip down memory lane.

Let me explain why this is the most perfect carnival for me. This blog is my family history. This blog is going to be printed every year and put into a hard cover book for my children and their children and their children to enjoy. I'm so happy that I will have something weekly that will force me to dig into memory lane to share with all the generations to come.

So for my first time ever participating.....

Dear Mom,

Do you remember the summer after Delphi? This particular summer you were in New Orleans. I came to visit and had the summer of a lifetime. We were walking down the French Quarters and there was a door open of some bar and I looked in and there was actually a male stripper and when I looked down there was a ton of guys stuffing money in his thong LOL. Remember the creepy guy that was following us?

There's one moment in my life that I will never forget as long as I live. I don't think I'd ever been more mad at you than I was at that moment. You know, the moment that you almost had me walking into a little shop on the beach to sell them the sand dollars I "found" on the beach for $300 each! You know, the sand dollars that you dropped in the sand behind me, just to lead me into thinking I was finding a gold mine and was going to be rich! I'll never forget that. In fact, I think packed in the garage I still have those sand dollars. I'm glad that you and John had such a hysterical laugh over it. I'll never forget how mad I was. I was only 12... you tell me anything and I'll believe it. I had plans for that money, Mom! I was planning on buying one of those Sony Discmans... remember, the yellow ones that supposedly wouldn't make your CDs skip.

I still wish that you really could take sand dollars in and sell them for $300 each. I'm so happy that you made things so memorable for me, even if at the time I wasn't really all that happy with the little jokes you'd play on me. I love you, Mom!

Sincerely,

Fro' Me to You, Mom

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I love the idea of printing out your blog and having it bound. When you do it, will you tell us how how? I think that would be an awesome gift we give to our kids!

And, I totally laughed over the sand dollar thing. I'm so going to do this to my kids one day!

We went to New Orleans once, down Bourben Street. Oh, I lost some of my innocence that day!

Thanks so much for playing along!

May 22, 2008 at 5:59 AM  
Blogger DD said...

I LOVE the idea of printing them out and putting them in an album. I am TOTALLY stealing that, ok? Come see me some time. :)

May 22, 2008 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger marigold said...

Your mom sounds sweet! What trouble I could get into in the Big Easy! Whoo, wee!

May 22, 2008 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my family, I always played pranks on my mom.
Great story.

May 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Mama Smurf said...

Alright, I'm stealing your idea too!

Cute story btw!

May 22, 2008 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I would've been mad, too. 12 year olds are such sensitive creatures.

May 22, 2008 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Bahama Shores Mama said...

Since we live in Florida.....I probably won't be able to get my kids with the sand dollars......but on vacation? Oh yeah ~ it's on!

May 22, 2008 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Ok, Where Was I? said...

That story is too funny. And I'm with you. I can so see my young self being ticked off about that. Actually, my adult self would be REALLY ticked off if someone did that to me.

May 22, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Valarie Lea said...

I love this letter to your Mom, I love doing things like this my children. :o)

May 22, 2008 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Welcome to Thursday F-U-N!!!

Loved your story and the idea of printing your blog.

May 22, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home