Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Wretched little fire ants!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wretched little fire ants!

Ever since we've moved to Oregon there's one thing I have definitely not liked. Fire ants! Those wretched little things make outings not so enjoyable. We love to go on picnics and these pesky little buggers can ruin the whole experience.

I came across a website that can give you some great advice on how to kill fire ants. If you've ever been stung by a fire ant there's treatment advice on this site as well. I love the tactic on their site on pouring boiling water into their colony to get rid of them.... how mean is that! I've heard it works though.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Ooo, thanks for the site! They're a real problem in Texas and we spend the weekend destroying mounds.

May 28, 2008 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger The Proverbs Wife said...

I have tried salt, boiling water, grits and spraying the colony until the mound was flattened.

I use a commercial product now that causes them to relocate from one area of my yard to the next. If I put down enough they finnaly leave my yard and move on to my neighbors yard.

Since my neighbors use the same methods the ants just seem to ping pong back and forth across our property line.

I hope you find a solution.

May 29, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home