Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: If you have a busy, busy day ahead of you....

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

If you have a busy, busy day ahead of you....

Happy Tuesday everyone!!! It's Kitchen Tip Tuesday and I thought today I'd share a couple of quickies I do in the kitchen on days that I'm busy or just don't feel like putting much effort into dinner.

I know that a lot of people love crock pots, and I'm one of them!! There's a lot of great crock pot recipes out there that call for all these ingredients and sometimes, being a new cooker, it intimidates me.

So, here's a couple of things I do in my crock pot.....


I throw chicken breasts/thighs in the crockpot and pour over some Four Cheese & Roasted Garlic spaghetti sauce and a ton of Parmesan cheese and cook on high for 4 hours - or low for 6-8 hours. Serve over some fettuccine Alfredo and mmmmmmm mmmmmm!!!

Do you have a whole chicken laying around? Last night I threw a whole chicken in the crock pot and poured some Teriyaki marinade over it, made white rice and steamed some broccoli and mmmmm mmmmm!!!!

Sometimes I just throw whatever I have in there, cross my fingers and say a quick prayer, and so far it's turned out all good ;)

If you have any easy crock pot recipes that you'd like to share with me please do!! I heart the crock pot!

For other kitchen tips, which are probably a lot better than mine (I'm new in the kitchen! Give me a break here) head over to Tammy's Recipes!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Momzoo said...

My favorite is to throw in a few chicken breasts (usually they are still frozen) pour some salsa over the top and add some taco seasoning and let it cook all day. Then I will shread the chicken add a little sour cream and searve it with quesidilla (sp?) burritos, on a salad or on a bun or in enchaladas.....love this recipe it is so versitile!

May 27, 2008 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Thirdtimemomma said...

Instant rice, any cream of soup and some sort of meat (ground beef or chicken) turn out beautifully too! Oh wait my absolute favorite of this version is cubed chicken slightly browned, instant rice and a whole jar of salsa! Yum! SErve with Chips!

May 27, 2008 at 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Look at this little gal's site!
She has something from a crockpot for 365 days!
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

May 27, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home