Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: I KNEW it was gonna happen - JUST KNEW IT!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

I KNEW it was gonna happen - JUST KNEW IT!

So, I've been waiting ever so patiently for Ella to turn 18 months so I could shove her into Nursery and actually listen during Sunday School & Relief Society. I've always had this feeling inside that right when she was ready to go to Nursery that I'd get a calling that would be in primary.

Today I got called to teach the 8 year olds turning 9 this year. The ones that just got baptized. I'll be teaching the class with the Bishop's wife, Wendy, who I absolutely love. So, I'm pretty excited, but had to giggle inside that what I had a feeling would happen actually did happen. This year we had made the decision to stop going to Gospel Essentials and start going to Gospel Doctrine instead... especially since they'd be studying Doctrine & Covenents, but Gino will get to hang out in there all by himself.... or with Ella until she turns 18 months. I"ll still study the weekly lessons with Gino at home so I can learn, and so that he'll be prepared and understand what they're talking about.

Today was Testimony Sunday at church and I still didn't feel like I was ready to get up and share my testimony... I don't know why, because I do have a strong testimony. I've seen this gospel completely turn my family around. We're not even the same people as we were before. Gino has done a complete turn around and I'm so thankful for the gospel. It's only been a year and 1 month that we started coming to church, and a year and 1 month ago I never would've thought we'd be where we are now. I'm thankful that I now have a better understanding of why I'm here on this earth. I'm not just lost in this world wondering what the point of it all is. I know what the point is, and I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and I'm striving my hardest to do it all. I'm not perfect, and neither is my husband, but we've come such a long way and it feels good to be on the path that we're on. I hope we never lose track of it, because it feel so right and so good.

I'm feeling absolutely horrible today and I don't know what's wrong. I don't have a cold or the flu, but I just don't feel well. It may just be my body telling me that it's had enough of the torture I've put it through these past few days of doing major stuff around the house, so maybe I need to listen to it and just relax for the rest of the day.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Hi! I'm a stranger who found my way to your blog when I was looking up some things about the Book of Mormon. I just had to tell you that you have such a gorgeous family. Even though you didn't get up and bear your testimony at church, you did here and it really touched me. Thank you for sharing it.

I hope you have fun in primary. It is definitely a challenge, but it is also such a blessing to teach little spirits who someday will become the leaders of the church. You will get so many special blessings for being willing to do that. Thanks for letting me come by and visit!

January 4, 2009 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Quinn said...

That is the way it goes, huh? Does she go to nursery o.k.? My little Z just started primary but she never once went to nursery. And as of last week, no luck with primary either.

Good luck with your new calling.

January 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home