Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: 2008 Garibay Christmas

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Garibay Christmas

Our Christmas was very peaceful this year. Our Christmas Eve was spent with traditions, smiles, ice cream sundaes and just a good feeling of knowing that this year we are celebrating Christmas a little bit more differently than the years before. This year, we actually have an understanding of what Jesus was put here for, and I'm so thankful for all that he stands for. So, this year was a celebration of Jesus, not just a celebration for presents, and Jayden knew that..... and that made me feel like a great mom!

Christmas morning we ran downstairs to see what Santa had left behind for the kids. They were both REALLY happy, and have enjoyed playing with everything they got ever since that happy morning. Jayden got a handheld Leapfrog Didj, which is a educational video game system..... I'M THRILLED about it. Jayden's a video game junkie (like his father) and what better than to buy him something that is what he loves, but is educational at the same time.

After our Christmas morning we picked up my brother and headed up to my grandparent's house to eat a good Christmas turkey dinner. I really expected there to be a ton of people and for it to be hectic like Thanksgiving, but Christmas with the Hurds was actually quite enjoyable. All of my sisters from my father were there. Everyone was happy and I was happy. As dysfunctional as the Hurds family can be, they still are family, and I really got that sense this year.

I didn't go camera crazy this year, and unfortunately didn't get much of the kids even.... and I didn't even get a family picture. But I snapped a few of family and thought I'd share some pics...





Ella and her cousin Ethan hugging - too cute huh?

These are two of my sisters - the one on the left is 16 Year Old Alyssa and on the right is 19 year old Britney

I love this man a lot! It's my Grandpa :)

This, believe it or not, is my step-mom and yes, she's only a little under 3 years older than me.

This is my dad

This is my wonderful Grandma who is my crafty inspiration :)
Align Center

Ella with her uncle Mitch (my brother)

Isn't this face just perfect? I love this little girl so much!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi love!! Looks like a great Christmas!!

January 2, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home