Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: My Sunday Message on Faith

Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Sunday Message on Faith

Normally on Sundays I like to come on and write something inspirational that touched me at church. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything out of church today. Ella had a meltdown during nursery and Gino got a migraine so we left early.

However, I thought I might as well share some sortof message that has inspired me. It made me feel better and strengthened my faith in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We believe that after you die you go to spirit prison if you have not had a chance to hear the gospel, to accept the gospel, or know anything about the gospel. The thought of that sounds horrible, but I've learned that it's a place that the spirits go and they are given a chance to learn about the gospel. They receive a second chance to accept these teachings. I'm not sure if other religions believe this, but when I find little "nuggets" as my bishop calls them in the bible I get really excited. I found a scripture that talks about how Jesus went to preach the gospel to the spirits in prison. You can read that in 1 Peter 3:19

One thing I know is that Heavenly Father is loving. He loves us all and does not want us to suffer. He gives us chance after chance and continually forgives us for the sins that we do unto others. Do we always forgive others for the sins that they do unto us? No. And that is something that we most definitely should learn how to do. Forgiving isn't easy, but it is necessary if you want to be forgiven for your sins. We get a second chance and others should too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home