Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Peace - It has to start with me

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Peace - It has to start with me

I had a wonderful day at church today. It's been a couple of weeks since we've gone thanks to our trip and the flu. Even before all that, we were going off and on due to illnesses and another trip to Sacramento, and I'm so relieved that I have nothing planned and will be attending as far as I know every Sunday.

Ella went to nursery. She still isn't doing very well in there, but she was in there for most of the time. I got a good 20 minutes of sitting in Relief Society and I am so thankful for the 20 minutes that I did get in there. I have no idea what the lesson was on, but I got a message that touched me. It's a song, I believe, and it goes like this.....

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be
As God is our father
Children all are we.
Let us walk with each other
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
With peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth,
And let it begin with me.

I'm not at peace. I have anxiety, at times I feel my temper is short, and this is something I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to work on. Having peace in my life, and having it start with me. This is a very difficult thing for me, because I don't think I'm in any way a peaceful person, but I want to be.

I want to be that person that people look at and say... wow, what makes her so peaceful and graceful. It can't happen over night, but I definitely want to work on having peace within myself.

Here is how I think I can accomplish having peace:

Get my home in perfect order. Perfect is a very strong word, but I need it to be darn close to it. I worked a lot on this today and am very pleased with what I accomplished. I have a goal of having the entire house in perfect order by Friday... excluding the garage. This is a very easy goal to accomplish... it might not be PERFECT, but it will be in order and I need that.

Reading my scriptures every single day. I am TERRIBLE at this. I want to start my day out by reading a message through scripture reading and I want to end my day by reading a message through scripture reading.

I need to get routines and schedules going in my home. Sometimes it's chaotic and stressful, and it shouldn't be. We need set bedtimes, set homework times, set bath times... I think it would bring peace in our home.

For me, I'm going to start doing Yoga once a week and make it a point to set aside time every evening to take a relaxing bath with a good book. Ever mom needs time away.

So, this all starts with me.

If you have ideas of things that could bring peace within yourself, please let me know.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home