Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Starting your day out right....

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Starting your day out right....

It's another week of Works for Me Wednesday. I'm sitting here looking around my living room and it looks like a tornado has flipped through it. I'm exhausted and wanting nothing more than to crawl into bed. I look over at my kitchen, and my counters are filled with dishes from dinner and the day since I was busy trying to get work done & dealing with a high maintenance baby, and once again, nobody thought to put THEIR dish in the dishwasher.

My entire house is asleep and I can't help but sit on my butt and treasure the silence. I don't want to clean my house and I know that when I wake up in the morning if I walk down those stairs and I get one glimpse of what I'm staring at right now I won't only have claws for the entire day, but not one thing will go right for me. Instead of spending the beginning of my day being organized and happy, sipping my coffee (YES I STILL DRINK COFFEE) I will be mad. I will not be able to start work, because I will be having to clean up my house. Then, my entire schedule will be completely messed up and then I'll get depressed, because the things that I actually HAD to do did not get done. All because I woke up to a messy house.

So, what works for me is getting off my butt and making sure that my kitchen and my living room are presentable so that when I wake up and I walk down those stairs I can have a smile on my face.

Now, I have to actually go and do this unfortunately.

To read about what works for other's go to Shannon's blog.

FOR THE BLOGGY GIVEAWAY CLICK HERE

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

lol you sound like me EVERY single night.. The house is so peaceful.. and yet the laundry is screaming at me from downstairs the dishes seem to be rattling in the sink, and inevitable cry of my 6 month old will be heard at any moment.. Thanks for making me feel convicted lol now I HAVE to go tie up all the loose ends before bed lol :)

May 21, 2008 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger Mom2fur said...

Presentable doesn't have to be scrubbed clean, I hope--at least, not so much you don't get to bed at a reasonable time! Straightening up cushions on the couch, stacking newspapers or magazines neatly would be two things that would help the living room. Think of tricking your eye by making big, flat surfaces look cleaner--it's just like when you make the bed, your room looks cleaner. Leave the dusting, polishing and scrubbing for tomorrow. If anyone comes into your house with a white glove overnight--call the police, you've got an intruder!

May 21, 2008 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Jendeis said...

A very good tip. I've just recently started doing this, just trying to have the kitchen clean before going to bed and it makes a world of difference.

May 21, 2008 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Real Life Sarah said...

Oh, I totally need to do this. I also need to make the kids pick up their stuff before bed, because I just get irritated at them in the morning.

May 21, 2008 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I totally agree. Now, getting myself to DO it is another matter...

May 21, 2008 at 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with this! If I don't do it at night because I am tired I will regret it in the morning! Glad to know I am not alone in that!

May 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Wani said...

Thanks for sharing what works for you! Its one of those things that I tell myself I should do - because I know how much I like to come downstairs to a clean house... but by the end of the day sometimes there is just not that much motivation left in me! But I'll try to "git 'er done"!
C'mon by Wani's World to check out free films!

May 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Nice post. I try to do this. Getting a bit better over time. Nice blog, btw. It's gorgeous!

May 21, 2008 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger marigold said...

I hear ya! I've trained my husband that if I cook (which I always do, that man doesn't boil water without instruction) then he cleans up. THAT works for me!

May 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home