Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: His Name is Jay

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

His Name is Jay

I really think I got slammed in the gut today after I heard Jayden talking to the gas station attendant today. We pulled up to fill up the car and the weather was absolutely beautiful, so we had all the windows down. "John" the attendant was starting to fill up our gas and Jayden asks what his name was. When "John" asked Jayden was his name was Jayden replied with "My name is Jay."

We took off and I thought I'd ask about this new profound name that my son is now claiming. Jayden says, "Yeah, my name is Jay. You spell it Jay." Can you please tell me what happened to Bubby? How about J.J.? Or better yet, JAYDEN?!?! This is just another milestone that screams that he's no longer a baby anymore. He's building his own identity, which I no longer have a say on. So now, I guess we call him Jay. His Great-Great Grandpa Reese's name was Jay and he has a Great-Great uncle named Jay. I guess he's jumping on the Jay clan everyone.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

My oldest son started going by Nick this year instead of Nicolas. The only person allowed to use another name is Zoe and she calls him Nicky.

May 14, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home