Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: MAJOR Mom Brag!

Friday, May 23, 2008

MAJOR Mom Brag!

When Jayden was younger and he'd see a piano he wasn't one to go and bang on it. He tried to position his fingers on it and even tried to read the music. Unfortunately, living in Sacramento I never had time for anything let alone piano lessons. I always knew in my heart that this little boy had something really special about him.

Starting in March of this year I started taking Jayden up to the Bishop's house to get piano lessons from his daughter. Within just 3 months Jayden has shocked us all. First let clarify that Jayden has energy like none other! The minute we walk through those doors for some reason he thinks it's time to play around, joke around and you'd think by the way he was acting that he wasn't getting anything that she was saying.

If she points to a key Jayden knows exactly what that key is. He has C Chord memorized and 1 Chord memorized and she even did a duet with him yesterday. If he calms down enough to play a song for her it's perfect. When he's clapping and counting the notes his voice is going with the tune of the song. This has always blown me away and I asked her yesterday if this was normal. Her eyes got big and she shook her head and told me that Jayden is at the same level as some of her girls that she's been teaching for 2 years.

He's only 6 years old. Can you imagine what he's going to sound like when he's older. He is a talented little boy and something in me always told me this. I'm glad we got him into lessons when he was younger.

On another brag note..... Thursdays in Jayden's class is library day. Jayden got a Dora book and read the entire thing to me with VERY minimal help!! Way to go, Bubby!!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is incredible - good for him! Too bad you don't live closer, I'm looking for another piano student right now :-)

May 23, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home