Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: My Life is Changing

Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Life is Changing

We have a lot going on this week. Tomorrow is church and I HAVE to go. I have so much to do, but I think in order to get through everything that lies ahead of us this week we HAVE to go to church. I need the strength.

1 year and 2 months ago we ventured off on our own away from our families. Meaning, my mom, my brother & sister and Gino's entire family. We left them all to focus on us and to give our children a better life. I personally don't believe that raising your kids in Sacramento is the smartest thing in the world to do.

This past year we've grown into a family that is startling everyone that knows us. I think that being by ourselves (my dad and his family that live here really haven't been around much) we've become people that we want to be. We've found what our purpose is, and we're happy with ourselves.

This week my Grandma and Norm (who is like my Grandpa) are moving here. She's rented a place in Ashland and Norm is going into an assisted living apartment/retirement community that is really a great place. I work for them. They do so much for us, and I'm excited and nervous for the road that lays ahead. I think that they both really need this. They used to live in a miserable town where there was no happiness and now they'll find some. I really could use the help. Sometimes it's extremely hard to get my work done, because let's face it, Ella is DEMANDING! I love this little girl to death, but sometimes I can't work, because she wants to be a part of it. So, it will be nice to have help with her.

This is life changing. I don't do well with change and am hoping that I can adjust quickly to having family around again. I'm staying positive and I think that if I stay positive it will be a positive situation. Right?

Norm needs this. Norm is in his final years and needs to be away from his businesses and needs to live life for himself. He packed up his home that he's lived in for the past 45 years and has chosen to live by me. That's an honor. It's an honor that he loves me as much as he does. He's an amazing man and I wouldn't even know where to begin. It's going to be a lot of work though, because he's needy. I don't want him to think I'm throwing him in a home and leaving him there, so we as a family are going to make it a point to get him out 5 days/week. Even if it's just a walk in the park.

Another person is moving here this week as well. I've talked many times about my dad's daughters. First there's Tiona, who's 9 and I really have resentment issues with. Then there's Alyssa who is 15 and just moved here from San Diego w/her mom last November. I've started baby steps with her this past week and so far things are going great. She even stayed the night last night and Jayden spent the day with her at her house. I haven't talked about the 3rd and final sister from my father yet.

Britney is 18 years old. I think - she might be 17 and turning 18 this year... ugh I think she's 18. Anyways, I found out she's moving here with her family and will be leaving Tennessee on Tuesday. My dad will have all 4 of his daughters living here. I don't know what to think. It's taking me a lot to start with Alyssa and now to have another one coming around, and she's different. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just I don't see how we'll have anything in common. This will be a challenge.

Like I said.... I REALLY need to go to church tomorrow.

Having all these sisters is so weird to me. Growing up I only had 1 sister, and in my heart that's all I think I can ever love as a sister. A sister to me isn't thrown on you as an adult, but someone who you grow up with. I haven't even discussed the story of my sister, brother (from my mom) and me, but someday I will. We didn't always live with each other, but we've always ALWAYS had a very strong bond. I may not have the same father as them, but the bond that we have with each other is strong. I love them so much.

I have to stay strong, because there's a reason why my life is changing this week. I have to believe that there's a reason why I'm about to be surrounded by family that I haven't been surrounded by.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger stitchin' girl said...

Good luck with all your family. Thank you for the FHE inspiration. We have done it twice now with great success. We don't have a set day yet, but that will come. Thanks for helping make our little family closer.

June 1, 2008 at 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, when I moved here, I had only really met my brothers a few times over the years. One of them I could not remember ever meeting, and the other I had only known as a baby. One thing that I realized really quickly, when meeting a sibling as an adult, that it is not what your childhood dreams said it would be. I love each of my brother's dearly, but my fairy tale of us all loving each other and getting along was shattered about a year and a half into it. It has taken the last few years to build a friendship along with being brothers/sister, something you already have with your one sister that you grew up with.
Don't take your father's indescretions and use them against these girls. It is not their fault. Look at them as new friends, who just happen to be related to you. Don't compare them to your one sister, they are all different. Just enjoy your time with them - listen to each other.
Your front page says it all - family is God's gift. Stick to those words.
Love you,
Sammy

June 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home