Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: It all goes down today

Monday, June 2, 2008

It all goes down today

The big change is happening today. Yesterday I felt like I was shopping for my first house and it was SO MUCH FUN! We're getting Norm's room homey for him. We bought plants and flowers and picture frames and everything you'd need for your first apartment minus the furniture. They're supposed to be here tonight, so we have a lot of decorating ahead of us. I'm hoping he walks into his new apartment after living in his beautiful home for 45 years and can put a smile on his face.

I do feel extremely honored that Norm has chosen to spend his final days with me. I've been thinking about all of the things we can do with him. In Ely all he did was sit in his house and just hope that people would come to visit him. Not very fun. Here's a few things that I have planned for him.

1) I want to start reading to him ~ more than likely articles out of the Ensign

2) I want to take him to Lithia Park so he can bask in the beauty ~ this will probably be an every other day experience for him ~ I love Lithia Park!

3) I'm going to see if the missionaries can come to visit him weekly

4) We're going to take him to church with us

5) I'm going to go over and have him tell me stories of his life and write them down ~ his life is an amazing one.

6) We're going to go for walks around his community ~ they have a beautiful duck pond that his room overlooks.

7) I'm going to go play bingo with him w/the rest of the people in his community ~ he wouldn't just go and do this on his own and I really want him to get social with people.

I just want him to enjoy his life. Norm has never lived his life in an enjoyable way. It's always been about work, work, work, work! Even on Christmas ~ that man was working.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been catching up on your blog today - there are a lot of changes going on for you girl! You will do fine though, and it sounds like you will really enjoy some of those changes. You are in our prayers and I hope that all goes well for you!

June 2, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home