Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Family Home Evening - Trying to be like Jesus

Monday, January 26, 2009

Family Home Evening - Trying to be like Jesus

I have not been very consistent on Family Home Evening, but I've decided that this family REALLY needs it!! So, I've prepared my lesson and I think it's one that I need the most. Our lesson is Trying to be like Jesus. If you want to learn more about Family Home Evening and how it can strengthen your family SEE HERE.

We will be reading THIS STORY out of The Friend and then we'll throw some scenarios out there and take turns deciding whether the reaction is being like Jesus or not. We'll also play a fun little game where we make a story. We'll each add on two sentences and form a fun story that we'll write down and treasure forever.... it might even pop up on Garibay Soup.

Our music will be I'm Trying to Be like Jesus from the Children's Primary Book. We have a CD with the song on it, so we'll just play it and sing along. I've printed out the lyrics and we'll try to learn them together as a family tonight.

If you have any ideas to add to our Family Home Evening vault please leave me a comment and let me know!! And I hope that you will join along with the Garibay Family tonight as we make this family STRONG!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

That's a great idea for a Family Home Evening! If you need more ideas, you can click through my profile to the FHE blog I'm on. There are lots of great ideas there!

We're taking cookies to people tonight and having a scripture story lesson. :)

January 26, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home