Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Open Our Mouths

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Open Our Mouths

It's been quite a while since I woke up early on Sunday morning to get dressed in our Sunday best. To walk into the church where my soul feels complete. Why I let it get to this point is beyond me. All it takes is a couple weeks of me not going due to traveling, or family coming into town and I start a bad habit of procrastinating my next arrival to that little brick building that resides on Clay street in Ashland.

I'm glad I decided to go today. I went with my kids and not Gino (he had a store meeting and couldn't attend with us) and my children were good, Ella went to nursery and I got to enjoy a wonderful lesson in {Relief Society}.

I'm going to share what was discussed today.....

I would like you to think about a delicious chocolate cake that you tried and you hold the recipe for this oh so perfect, moist delish dish. You don't like chocolate cake? Then think about something you just LOOOOOVE! Okay, so you hold this recipe in your hands, wouldn't you want everybody you know and love to have this recipe? Wouldn't you want to share it with them so they could taste how delcious moist and wonderful this cake really is?

That's how we feel as members of the {LDS Church}. That is why our missionaries leave their homes for 2 years and venture out into the world to share what they know to be true.... they want EVERYBODY to hear the words of God and to feel how wonderful being a part of this church really is.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't understand or know what Mormons believe in. There are a lot of sterotypes out there and it's sad. I've heard it all.... but the funny thing is one of those people was my husband. My husband finally sucked it up and listened to what I had to say and was shocked to learn that this church is wonderful and nothing like what he'd heard. He was baptized on October 11, 2008~ and I am so amazingly proud of the decision he made to better himself and his family.

In Relief Society we learned that we as members should open our mouths. We should tell the people that we care about and love about the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm starting here on my blog. I'm asking you that if you ever have a missionary from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints come to your door to know that they are very kind young men & women who are just trying to share a recipe to life that they hold dear to their hearts. Closing the door on them or being down right mean is not a good thing to do to somebody who is trying to share with you something they love. What would it hurt to take 30 minutes out of your life to listen to something that might be the answer you've been looking for? Something that warms your soul?

I don't know every thing about the church, but I do know without a doubt that it is true. I have faith, and because of faith I am able to have happiness in my life, morals I didn't hold before and I am giving my kids the best thing that they can have.... an opportunity to learn about the gospel and to gain a testimony of their own of the things they hold to be true.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home