Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Got Girl Time?

Friday, August 28, 2009

Got Girl Time?

I like to occasionally jump on a random blog carnival that I find. Today I found one that seemed pretty stinkin cool. It's called Aloha Friday... you ask a simple question on your blog and others can answer in your comments.

You can head over to {An Island Life} and link up to do the same or find a bunch of other questions. So I'll use this fun carnival for an opportunity to ask random things I always wonder... can't wait to see answers....

Do you make time for yourself to just be a girl without the husband, without the kids? What do you do with this time?

Personally, I think it's extremely important. Lately I haven't done this, but need to get back into it. One of my most favorite away from family guilty pleasures is getting a massage. It's an every 2 week kind of thing for this girl, but it's been a couple of months since I've gotten in (thanks to company, vacations.... and the list could go on and on). I'm pretty bad about getting together w/friends w/out kids, but need to try a little harder on this. We still are girls, and we still need our girl time.






8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 3 lil ones no time yet cause last lil one only 3 months maybe in another few months

August 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger MadeInCanarias said...

I like to be alone. I read or go on a walk.

August 28, 2009 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I do... my girls and I talk everyday, however starting in October my best girlfriend and I are doing a girls day. Something exciting and different, not kids, no hubbies, NOTHING!

I do Swagbucks and got a 25$ gift card to Restaurants.com. So I am going to find a place for she and I to go and have dessert together, just talk, have coffee and enjoy our time together.

She and I were friends before she was a mom (I am a mom of 7, so I've had a ton for a long time :))

But she and I need that time together.

August 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Lesslie said...

well, I haven't done anything without my husband or kids in awhile, since my husband is TDY in Missouri, but I am planning on either getting my first pedicure ever or doing something else nice for myself. I asked my husband if he would be okay with be just going off by myself for a few hours and he said he didn't mind. a girl break would be good because I need one, badly.

August 28, 2009 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

I am terrible about doing this - but I agree it's really important to do things away from the kids and hubby! I'll take this as a clue I need to schedule something quick.

Thanks...

August 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

I do once in a while...but should do it more often!! I get together with a friend of mine every so often for a "girls night out", which is basically just going out to eat and taking up a booth somewhere for several hours while we have girl talk and enjoy being kidless for a brief time, LOL! I can actually eat without interruption and order a dessert and/or drink! Speaking of...we're long overdue for one...

Hey...thanks for visiting my blog! Love yours too.

August 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger AudreyO said...

Yes, my me time has always been very important to me. I need time to unwind and just be with myself. I'll go for a walk, play a game, read a book, scrapbook...

August 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I do!

I try to go shopping or do something fun either alone or with my friends!

August 31, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home