Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Just a Motivating Monday - I want the Lord to know that I REALLY LIVED!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Just a Motivating Monday - I want the Lord to know that I REALLY LIVED!

If you're just joining us:

-Write a blog post about ANYTHING at all that inspires you, or something you feel will inspire others.

-Please link back to Garibay Soup


-Please snag my Just a Motivating button on your post.


-I hope that we can all go and visit each other's blogs and read what everyone has linked up ~ I hope that this carnival can bring more traffic for you :) So, spread the comment love!


This was originally posted on March 4, 2008 but it's another of my favorites. Marjorie Hinckley who was President Hinckley's wife of the LDS church once said....

"I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk’s lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor’s children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

I loved this, and I keep her words close to my heart. I hope this inspires you throughout your life as well.

Thanks for joining me!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Cropper said...

I've been out of town and looks like I've missed all the happenings in your life! Can't wait to hear about your trip and everything. We would miss you if you move, but you know what is best for your family, and I always hear the BEST stuff about CO. I tried calling you yesterday because Taylor and I wanted to stop by, but you didn't answer, and now I know why! (Any your voicemail box was full!) Let's get together once you're home.
xoxo

August 10, 2009 at 10:56 PM  
Anonymous irie reese said...

hey its irie awsome photagerphy

August 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home