Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Our Fourth

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Fourth



I hope that everybody had a wonderful and safe 4th of July. We kept our's pretty low key this year. We didn't have a big family get together, we didn't do a BBQ, but we did enjoy the day with our kids and my husband's brother, Rocky.

We went to Ashland and enjoyed all the delicious food and craft booths. I was kinda bummed that I didn't set up a Wildtree booth there, but honestly I don't think I would have last.... it was HOT!

We headed over to the church to watch the fireworks, and I must say I was disappointed. When you come from a big city where the fireworks are amazing to a small town where the fireworks look like a 5 year old is setting them off you get kinda bummed.

I took a moment yesterday to reflect what this day really means, and I know that a lot of us take what we have for granted. We have the luxury of being free, being able to choose what religion we want to be a part of, who we want for our president, what laws will go into effect. I know our country is a MESS right now, but "I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free."

I think my highlight of the whole day was watching Ella play in the petting farm ~ she LOVED the animals!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home