Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Searching for my "Me Time"

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Searching for my "Me Time"

I used to have a lot of this. I had 1 child for 6 years. I had a job that I went to and sat in an office basically by myself and between you and I spent the majority of my time online.... (If you are from any of my old jobs I wasn't talking about that job - I was talking about the other job) I felt that I was getting plenty of me time. Then I chose to change my life up a little bit. I moved, started to work at home and the topper on the cake.... I HAD ANOTHER BABY. I decided that I needed to scout out my "Me Time" and find out exactly what it is that I need to involve myself in to keep my sanity. I started out with the whole Mommy Forum thing.... catty, drama and so not enjoyable me time. I'd rather not watch girls attack each other on their parenting skills - to each their own right? Why judge? Then I decided that church would be the perfect me time. Yeah, I love church and am beyond happy that I made the decision to go to church, but let's face it.... it's a family thing. I have yet to see the "Me Time" in it. In fact, almost every Sunday I find myself hanging out in the mother's room. So, that has basically turned into Ella & Me time. I finally figured out recently how to get me some "Me Time" I hand my husband my daugher, I go upstairs so quietly and sneak into my bedroom past Jayden and run to my bathroom, shut & LOCK the door. Then I turn the Ihome on as loud as it can go (to drown out the screaming and crying coming through the crack under the door and the "Mommy, I'm thirsty") and I run my hot, hot, scolding hot bath and sink in and read. Then when my heart just knows that Ella is on the verge of a breakdown downstairs, I drain the water, get out of the bath, look in the mirror and take a deep breath. I open the door and reality slaps me right in the face. But there's a smile on it, because for the past 8.7 minutes I was alone, with a book and loud music and there were no children or husband in there to ruin it for me. And that 8.7 minutes will get me through the next 24 hours.

To write about your "Me Time" head over to MamaBlogga for this month's writing project.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

Church was so much more uplifting and motivating before I had a baby. I still love it, but I just think I don't get as much out of it when I'm walking the halls with an antsy toddler, for some reason. :) These years when we have young children have some big challenges.

January 30, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I laughed when you said your bath lasted 8.7 minutes. With all involved I was thinking maybe you got at least 30 minutes (: It's defiantly a challenge to find "me time" when we have little ones.

January 31, 2008 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Jordan McCollum said...

Church? Oh, those people talking in the other room while I'm chasing a screaming child down the hall. Right. ;)

Hang on till nursery—you're lucky to get even 8.7 minutes of peace and soaking!

Thanks for participating.

February 4, 2008 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Your post brought back memories of me locking myself in the bathroom while I took a quick sanity break from my twin boys when they were toddlers. I LOVE the imagery of the 8.7 minute bath! :-)

LOVE your blog layout design. It is so beautiful!

I found your blog post through Mama Blogga's GWP. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Regards, Michelle aka The Beartwinsmom
http://beartwinsmom.wordpress.com

February 5, 2008 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Julie Arduini said...

8.7 minutes---only moms can relate to that clock! My story is like yours, 5 year gap between kids, moved after the second baby, worked at home with first baby, quit work after second and me time these days? Hard to find, heaven to enjoy!

February 7, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home