Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Struggling with behavior

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Struggling with behavior

Every day it seems like Jayden does something wrong at school. Honestly, I get pretty darn tired of the teacher calling me or giving me that "look" after school like 'He was an absolute TYRANT today.' I'm almost at my wit's end with this boy and just don't know what to do.

Today we went to go and buy Jayden a new radio. He's been into music and I thought it would be cool for him to have his own CD player in his room. So, while buying it I got a phone call from his teacher. First thing she had to tell me was that Jayden has been poking other students with his pencil. UGH! I knew this was going on, because Jayden comes home and tells me that his friend does this to him. Then when his teacher gave them their work to do, Jayden put an X on his worksheet because he didn't want to do it. I don't know what to do! I want him to listen to his teacher, do his work, be a model example in school (who am I kidding!?!?! LMAO) but seriously, I don't want Jayden to struggle. I want to get down to what it is exactly that's causing him to struggle with following directions. This honestly scares the living crap out of me. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be when he's in Junior High or High School. I don't even want to think about how my vibrant little Ella is going to be. Being a mom is the most wonderful gift from God, but man it's hard! I know I'm good a mom, but a part of me almost is feeling like a failure since Jayden has a hard time. I know shouldn't, but I do.

I decided tonight to not let him get away with all the little stunts he pulled today. So, we bought his CD player, which he really didn't even know we were buying, but we get home and I put the box on the floor and watched him get all excited. I'm so evil! I sat him down and said, it looks really cool doesn't it? Keep in mind we bought the Pirates of the Caribbean Treasure Chest Boombox. Then I told him unfortunately since he didn't do his work at school and because he was poking other kids w/his pencil that he wasn't able to watch cartoons or listen to his new CD player. He was devastated, but I'm hoping that this gives him motivation to do good. Tomorrow if he can at least show that he's trying I will give his CD player to him, but the first day that his teacher tells me that he doesn't do his work or is fighting with other kids it's gone again and he'll have to earn it back w/good behavior. This also goes w/Cartoons, which if you know Jayden you know Cartoons is his everything.

If you're a lurker on my blog and have some advice for me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave me a comment and give it to me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home