Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Routine Method for Kids

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Routine Method for Kids










IT'S WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY!!!!!

Thanks to a wonderful blogger I got the most wonderful idea that works! See below as I explain w/pictures....
Above is a poster board and I have one row for Morning To Do and I insert little cards which some samples are below to insert into the pockets. In the morning my son wakes up runs to the chart and picks out the first card. Does that task and then moves it over to the DONE pocket. He has a set for Morning, a set for After School & a set for Before Bed.


Above are some samples of some clipart that I found at www.theideadoor.com GREAT WEBSITE!! And I printed them out on colorful 4x6 cards. There's even a card that has music notes, which means practice piano.

Above you will find Jayden's reward chart. He gets a sticker for each set of pockets that he empties. He gets a sticker for the day if he does his homework (which is not in the pocket) and if he gets no x's (bad marks) at school for the day. Then I leave one last chance for him to earn a sticker which is called Mom's choice. I usually have him help pick up Ella's toys or something to do w/her.

So, this totally works for us! I'm really thankful for this wonderful bloggin' mom who threw this idea out there for me, because it really helps. I love that I can mix the cards up for after school. I try to keep morning & night routines the same, but after school it's a surprise which cards will be in there.

To find out what works for others head over to Shannon's Blog.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

Thanks for sharing this. I think I'm going to do something like it with my son!

April 23, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home