Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Our Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Our Thanksgiving turned out wonderfully! It was just our little family, my mom, my brother & the missionaries. I'm happy that they wanted to spend Thanksgiving with us. They got to watch 1 football game & 1 Disney movie, so we watched Wall-E. Elder Foy, who has been her for such a long time and has become one of our favorite missionaries finds out today if he's going to be transferred. Hopefully he gets to stay a little bit longer. I'm sad that my niece Alana & my nephew Vani & my sister Jessie would've been here though.

It was a pretty relaxed day. The food was delicious and even as I type this I'm considering going in the kitchen and making myself another plate..... gotta love those leftovers! I thought about the things I'm mostly greatful for and I think first and formost I'm so thankful for the gospel in my life, my husband & children and all of my family and friends. I was thinking that last year at Thanksgiving I wasn't even thinking about the Gospel and didn't have that in my life to be thankful for..... amazing what a year does.

This morning Gino and I were up at 5:30am to hit the madness. I really didn't expect our Walmart in our little town to be as crowded as it was, but we pushed our way through and got the Blu Ray player that we wanted ($128.o0!) and then 7 1/2 hours later we were on our way home. I was exhausted, but we had fun together. It was nice just for it to be Gino and me ~ no kids with us. One thing I really wanted was deep red curtains for my kitchen sliding glass door and I found the perfect ones at Linen & Things, which is going out of business so they were cheap! Well, I get home and go to put them up and wouldn't you know it.... they fit my living room window, but they're way too short for my kitchen. So now my living room is going to have deep red curtains, because all sales are FINAL. Then I went to get Sleeping Beauty out of the Walmart bag so I can see how cool it looks on Blu Ray and we left the fricking bag at Walmart.... so, I was pretty irritated when I got home.

Tonight is the Ashland Christmas lighting festival. I'm not sure if I really want to go, but I have a feeling Gino will be dragging us all out to it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got the same BluRay! Mike went to the Walmart on Antelope and Roseville Rd and got some deeeeeels! We are done Christmas shopping. He got there at 1:30 am and loaded up the cart and then waited until 5 hehe.

Glad to hear you had a great holiday.

December 1, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home