Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address


Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Our Family's New Addition.... and I need advice :)

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our Family's New Addition.... and I need advice :)

Here's Sophie!! She's such a sweet addition :)

What a Sunday. It started for me at 5am waking up to Sophie pooping in her crate.... me not knowing, because it's dark and letting her walk out of the crate instead of carrying her. It was gross, and made me want to cry, but we dealt with it.

She's honestly done pretty well today on going to the bathroom outside.... I'm pretty proud! I must say though that dogs have HORRIFIC GAS! EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! The kids have been having an absolute ball with her. They all run around the house chasing each other and having fun. Ella is hilarious and Jayden is so happy.

So, I'm funny in a way that I don't like change. I hate it actually, and when you throw something new in the mix I feel kinda down. I'm feeling that way today and I'm not sure if it's Sophie or if it's a decision that I think we're going to make. It actually could be a mixture of the 2.

A while ago I talked about an opportunity that my Grandma had offered us, which you can read about HERE. Basically I just never talked about it with her and made up my mind that it's not doable. There's no way in hell that I'm going to live in a *&it hole like Ely for 2 years. Just not happening. Well, she called today saying that she really needs our help, and I know this. I am the manager of this mobile home park there that is her's, and I know that there are many things that need to get done. Things that I can't make sure are getting done from Oregon. So, her new proposal is that we come for 6 months. This is a lot better than 2 years and is actually doable. If we leave when Jayden gets out of school then 3 months of that will be summer, in which we can take lots of little vacations with him. I won't need to actually be in Ely for the entire 6 months, we can do 3 weeks there, 1 week on the road.... or something like that. The next 3 months after his summer break I'll home school him until we return to Talent.

So, what's my husband to do about work when this is all over? What are we going to do about insurance since I do have a Cardiac baby? This is why 6 months just might be okay. Gino can take a leave of absence from Home Depot for up to 6 months (I believe this is the max he's going to check into this). At the end of our journey he will be guaranteed his job back at Home Depot, with no change in position or pay. Nice huh? For insurance we just pay Cobra and we will all remained medically insured.

The Perks?

  1. We get a 6 month vacation from life with guaranteed jobs after we're done.
  2. Get to live for free
  3. All money I get paid just gets saved up
  4. We get to travel
  5. I get to spend time with my Great-grandma before she passes away
  6. Did I mention we get to travel????
  7. We will get to help my Grandma out in ensuring that the park is running smoothly and looking it's best.
  8. We'd get to take the kids to the Salt Lake Temple.... Gino definitley needs to see that!
  9. All the above isn't too bad right?

The Downfalls?

  1. Well, first off I'd be leaving all my friends that I've learned to love so much.
  2. I'd be leaving the beauty of Southern Oregon
  3. I would miss out on the first 2 1/2-3 months of my nephew's life
  4. I'd be in the miserable town of Ely
  5. We'd have to change wards, which is something I really don't want to do, but I think we'd be okay here. We are a very strong family, we've been through it all.... literally, and I know that we can make it through about anything. I know that we can stay strong in the church, and if Gino has issues with it I'll just stay strong and set the best example I can.
  6. Jayden would miss out on the first month of school.... luckily here they don't start school until September, so if we came back in October I'd only be homeschooling him for a month.

I think we might do it. We've been planning on moving out of this place anyways, since we're growing out of it. So, in June we can leave and come back in October to a new home.... maybe even one we'll own :)

I had amazing feedback on my last post regarding this topic, and I appreciate it all so much, so I'm begging for some here! Looking at the perks and downfalls, would we be dumb not to do this?

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Anonymous Sammy said...

go for it. six months is not two years, and you can always go back to OR, right?

March 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I will come back to Oregon :) In October.

March 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Kathi. said...

I think it's a good idea!! and your new addition, SO CUTE!!!!! love her!! My husband and I wanted to get an english bull too, (a friend for our winston), but that type of dog just didn't seem like it would fit with our lifestyle... but they are soo so cute!

March 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home