Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Would you still blog?

Monday, August 31, 2009

Would you still blog?


When you made your blog my bet is going to be on the fact that you didn't do it to see how many followers you might get. You didn't create the blog to make friends that would change your life for the better. You probably didn't create your blog to check how many hits you've received in the past hour on that one post you just want the whole world to see.

My bet will be on the fact that you started your blog as a means to have a place to go to for YOU.  A place that you can record your family's moments, your family's trials, just your family's life in general.  If you're like me, you made your blog to be a place that you pour the fountain of thoughts that are always flowing through your brain to somewhere where it's put into perspective.

When I created this blog I had NO CLUE on what the blog world was all about.  I no idea that I'd soon want people to read what I had to say, make friends that I absolutely love to death and have never even had the pleasure of getting to know them in real life  People who I've just had a chance to get to know them as they really are inside, not the outside. 

I had no clue that I would learn ways to make my life better, my family's life better, and more importantly me better.  I had no clue that I'd have a desire to pick up cooking and baking and try to organize my cleaning.  I had no clue that I'd meet people who have experienced some of the same things I have in my life and understand where I am coming from when I'm expressing my feelings. 

We are human, we love the attention of people noticing, commenting, following, recognizing and appreciating our words.  Every single one of us bloggers in the end are here for the recognition, to know that people here care about the things that we have to say.

But in the end if all of that were not here, {the blogger community, the comments, the recognition} would you still be blogging?  Would you still run to your blog with all of your ideas, opinions, life stories?  

I can say that yes, I would.  I remember why I started this blog, and that is what keeps me going.  There are times that I write things and don't have a comment, but I'm happy I wrote it.  I actually even have an inspirational carnival {Just a Motivating Monday} that goes weeks without a link up, but the reason why I started the carnival wasn't just for link ups, but to share things that inspire people and to start somebody's week off good.  So, even if I don't receive a comment or a link up, if I put a smile on someone's face on a Monday that just isn't working for them, my carnival served its purpose for the week.
I love what comes with blogging.  I love the friendships I've made, the things I've learned, the life stories I've read and that I will never forget, but in the end if it were here or not I'd still be here.... blogging.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Amanda! I just popped over from "Tackle it tuesday". it's my first visit to your blog. Even though I didn't see it before, it looks great now! :)

I will add your "Just a Motivating Monday" to my list of link ups and try to get a post out to link up on it!

Like you said, I started my blog "The Thrifty Groove" because I was being asked by my friends all the time how I manage to save money while still living life to the fullest. They wanted to know about all my "freebies" or great shopping trips. So, instead of emailing them all about a bargain I would find, I decided to start a blog so I could just write it out once and my friends could all come over and visit it when they had a chance.

September 1, 2009 at 2:08 AM  
Blogger Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

What a great post. And so true.
I think I would still blog, although probably not as much. But many of my posts are done to record things we've done, like my weekend wrap-up posts. I'd definitely still do them!

September 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM  
Blogger Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Love this and it is so true. We all {probably most of us} started out with pictures of our kids for our parents. And wanting to scrapbook, but I am THRILLED there is a whole new world out there to connect with. I think I would still blog, but maybe without the pressure to be funny or original, etc. And then it would go back to baby stats, etc, so I'm okay with how it is now. I don't know of another venue that would allow me to express my creative side and get immediate feedback, so I'll take the good with the bad. Thanks for the great thoughts!

September 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Kara @ His, Hers and Ours said...

I know when I started my blog, I was doing it for me. I never thought the opinion of someone else could matter as much as it does sometimes.

*Most* of us don't have the chance to get out and socialize on a daily basis. I know I don't. This is one of my outlets for "me" time. To be able to meet and converse with other's that are in my situation has been priceless, and I have met some awesome woman!

With that being said...yes, I would continue to blog with out followers or comments. Heck! I did it for about four months already, not knowing my comment system was disabled. HA! lol But, yes, I'm glad it's fixed. ;)

September 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I totally thought I wouldn't have any readers, but I didn't care. I think of all those moments where I did a quick blog post and eventually, I need to refer back to something (when did he get those teeth again?) so that I can record it in his baby book.

I love posting both about my family and my personal life. It's just a place for me, but the people who stop by and visit definitely help.

So, for me, yes, I'd still blog.

September 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post! I would totally still be blogging even if I had no followers and the only one commenting is my mom. I started blogging to keep the family up to date with our life and everything that has happened since then is just the icing on the cake!

September 1, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home