Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Happiness Shattered in 1 Second

Friday, February 29, 2008

Happiness Shattered in 1 Second

It amazes me how we can go through life doing our routines when something out of the middle of nowhere can shatter your happiness in literally 1 second. I feel like that happened to me tonight. I know that what I'm about to say doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it's huge to me. My husband has worked graveyard for our entire relationship. We've known no different. I mentioned before about how he will be moving to days. I wasn't sure how I felt about this, but it's grown on me. His new schedule was going to be 4am-1pm Tues-Sat. It was the perfect schedule! Jayden gets out of school @ 12:30pm so we'd have all day together. Tonight my husband called me to tell me that he checked the schedule and he's scheduled for 3pm-midnight starting 3/10/08. I LOST IT! I was hysterical on the phone. My poor husband thought I'd be happy and I wasn't. See, he failed to look at the biggest con to this whole thing. Jayden has had his daddy all day his whole life. You can't rip that away from a child. You can't go from having your dad around all day to only seeing him 1 1/2 hours a day. Jayden gets home from school at around 1pm. Gino would have to leave the house at 2:45pm. They'd never see each other and it's not gonna work. Gino is going to have to go in there and tell them that we based our lives around this new change. Going away from graveyard was a big enough burden on us, but now they've changed what was originally planned. It's not going to work. I will not have this big of a change happen to our son. As I was talking about tonight, Jayden's already having problems this will make them SO much worse.

Please pray that something happens here. I wouldn't even mind Gino working 8am-5pm....anything but 3-midnight. That is the worse shift EVER! And I was just getting into cooking dinners and OMG I am so depressed about this.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

You'll be in my thoughts; I hope you can work something out. It just breaks my heart the days when my husband works late and he only sees our son for fifteen minutes before bed.

February 29, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home