Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: Babies Need BOTH Parents

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Babies Need BOTH Parents

My mom left today. She took my brother with her so that he could go and see his baby girl, Alana. He's coming back tomorrow night on the bus. I honestly was scared that she wouldn't remember him. Alana is 6 weeks younger than Ella and Mitch hasn't seen her since the beginning of August. My mom told me that she hugged Mitch and he was crying. She remembered him.

That whole situation upsets me so much. I hate how Carina and Mitch didn't try hard enough for her. It's not easy. It's especially harder when you're not married. I went through it. I had a baby young just like Carina, and I was in a relationship that was HELL. I didn't give up. I knew that my son deserved both of his parents and eventually with a lot of ups and downs we'd be okay. Now, here we are married and extremely happy.

Carina and Mitch are just so young and they just don't realize how important a family is to a child. Living in a split up home is horrible and I wish that they would try. Even if they can't be together there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be hostile to one another. There is no reason why they can't make up a plan to ensure that both of them will be strong in Alana's life.

Mitch is doing wonderfully here, but I almost wonder if he should move back to Sacramento. For some reason he makes stupid decisions there, but if he could just put his head on straight and live for Alana maybe it would work. I just feel so sad for that baby girl.

I feel especially sad that she's my niece and I don't even know her. I've seen her once when she was a newborn and that makes me so sad. I wish I could see my niece and nephew more often. I would go to Sacramento more often, but it costs so much money! Especially since we have to stay in a hotel. That's one reason why I'm sad I don't live in Sacramento, but I'm so much happier here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

I am so glad it is working for you. But it always takes two and if one of them isn't fully committed, it isn't going to work.

But he does need to be in his baby's life whether or not he wants his relationship with the baby's mama to work.

December 3, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home