Enchanting Havoc (formerly Garibay Soup)

has been moved to new address

http://enchantinghavoc.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Garibay Soup: I knew it was coming sooner or later!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I knew it was coming sooner or later!

Situation last night went down like this:

Jayden laying in his bed, us in ours... our door is open and I hear...

Jayden: Mom, a kid at school doesn't believe in the tooth fairy. He says it's his mom and dad who give him the money.

Me: Speechless and heart literally dropping into my stomach

Gino: Do you believe him, Jayden?

Jayden: No... he's a liar liar pants and on fire. I believe in the tooth fairy! She needs teeth!

Me: Thanking God for keeping my little boy still little for a little bit longer.

Now, I know many parents have their own beliefs on this subject and it can get highly heated in debate forums, but I believe in keeping the excitement and spirit alive in my children. I think that it's exciting anticipating the tooth fairy or Santa or any other mythical thing. I don't want to take that away from my kids. I want Jayden to believe as long as he will. This will probably be the last Christmas that Jayden believes in Santa. I think what makes me the saddest about this is that he is growing up. I knew it had to happen of course, but it's kindof hard to face. I hope that the magic in his heart stays there for at least a couple of more years.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call the toothfairy on the phone (my friend Tonya), in front of Zoe who is almost 10 and wholeheartedly believes in the toothfairy. She doesn't believe in Santa anymore, but she is holding on to the toothfairy myth. Even leaves her little notes with every tooth!

December 3, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Amanda I love the new picture and background it looks so good. Jayden is so cute, he makes me laugh.

December 4, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home